Fall 2017 Bucket List
Fall is here!
The end of the sweat, heat, and humidity of Summer. Hello 65 degree days! I see you!
Fall has grown to be my favorite season. Now that I have a 9-5 job and can no longer hang out in a pool for two months straight like I did when I was young, I have come to really appreciate everything Fall has to offer.
There are so many things synonymous with Fall I've decided to make a bucket list of the top 10 things I would like to do before Winter arrives:
- Go apple picking. Not only is is it fun to find the best apples, the photo op's in the orchards are usually awesome! My favorite part of apple picking is the apple cider donuts that the farms usually sell.
- Bake a pie from scratch. What better way to use the bags and bags of apples you usually end up with after apple picking than to bake with? I bake here and there, but it's not a skill I am particularly confident in. I think it would be great to bake an apple pie completely from scratch - and since Niko and I don't actually eat apple pie these will make great gifts for neighbors and family!
- Master the art of Fall fashion. The girls on Pinterest always have the cutest Fall outfits that look so effortless. I sometimes just end up sweating because of all the layers or looking like I just rolled out of bed.
- Actually decorate for Fall. Last year the only fall decorations we had in the apartment were some mini pumpkins my sister brought over. This year I want to go beyond the pumpkins and actually make my apartment feel like an adult's with actual decorations. That being said...
- Make DIY craft decorations. While the stores are filled with some really cute interior decor for the season, my bank account is not going to allow me to walk into Party City and go to town. There are so many great DIY projects on Pinterest to choose from, I want to give a few a try - more to come on this!
- Perfect our Halloween costumes. Niko and I usually do a couple's costume and go back and forth each year with who gets to choose the costume. This year it's my turn and I'm super excited about our costume! It might take a little craft skills to complete, but I think it should be pretty awesome!
- Attend a Fall festival. Here in Jersey City it seems like there is a festival, parade, or street fair at least once a week, so I don't see why there won't be at least one Fall or harvest festival. What's not to love about hay bales and caramel apples and hot cider?
- Successfully participate in a scary movie night. I am a known avoider of scary movies. It's not that I don't want to see them - the plots usually interest me, but it's the suspense that makes some of them truly unbearable! I hate waiting for something you know is going to pop out at any second. That being said, I always feel like I'm missing out around this time of year when everyone's in the Halloween spirit and I can't participate in the scary movie tradition so many take part in!
- Carve Pumpkins. Since we don't have our own front stoop to put pumpkins out on I think some jack-o-lanterns would look so cute out on the fire escape, peeking in through the living room window!
- Just be outside! Fall essentially marks the beginning of the end of the warm weather until Spring. in jut a few short weeks it's going to be winter, which means we will probably be spending as little time outside as possible. I want to soak it all it while I still can - and it doesn't hurt that the weather this week has been just about perfect!
So there's my top 10 for this season! What's on the top of your list?