Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Burgers
Although I love cooking, when I get home from work I am generally not interested in doing anything that is not hanging out on the couch and watching TV. Because of this, I usually like to stick to making dinners that can be made quickly with as little cleanup as possible which causes there to be a good amount of repeat meals.
This week we had some ground beef left over from another dinner and decided to make burgers! Who doesn't love a good burger? There's just something so comforting about them - definitely one of my all-time favorites. I wanted to do something different to them to change things up, so after checking out the fridge's inventory, I decided to make some Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Burgers. Oh, you read that right!
I found a container of Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning in my spice cabinet and decided to give it a try. It worked perfectly! There was the perfect blend of salty and smokey that every burger needs. I think this really helped take the flavors in this burger to the next level!
Niko and I are currently trying to make better decisions about our eating habits, so for this meal we passed on buns and instead dug in with a fork and knife with a side of some BBQ sauce. I am a lover of bread of all types, so for me to say the buns were not missed is no small feat!
This recipe took me about 15 minutes to put together and Niko about 20 minutes to cook.
Here's what you need:
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 2 tsp Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning
- 2 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 pieces of Butterball Lower-Sodium Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces (about 8 slices) cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, mix together meat, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Separate the meat into eight 3 ounce balls. On waxed paper, shape each ball into a patty about 1/4 inch thick. This may seem a bit thin, but that's what you need for this to work properly.
- In the center of 4 of the patties, place one slice of cheese, 1/4 of the crumbled bacon, then another slice of cheese.
- Pick up or bend the waxed paper to help transfer one of the empty patties onto the top of a patty with the bacon and cheese - creating 4 burgers.
- Using your fingers or a fork, pinch together the edges to seal in all of the bacon and cheese. Make sure these are sealed well so nothing leaks out when everything starts to heat up and melt.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add two burgers at a time to the melted butter and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, then flip and do the same for the other side.
- Serve with BBQ sauce on the side.